Dental Implants in Dallas, TX
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root placed into your jaw to support a replacement tooth, bridge, or removable appliance. Dental Implants Dallas TX may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease or injury. A dental implant is generally considered to be the best method of replacing missing teeth.
Are you a candidate for Dental Implants?
The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health, has adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant, and has healthy gum and supporting bone free of periodontal disease. At Metroplex Implants & Family Dentistry our experienced periodontal specialist, Dr. Gandhi, sees many patients who do not meet these optimum criteria, so his exceptional training and experience often allows successful implant treatment for patients with special problems and needs.
Dental implants are intimately connected with the gum tissues and underlying bone in the mouth. Dr. Gandhi is the dental expert who specializes precisely in these areas, so he is an ideal member of your dental implant team. Dr. Gandhi and Dr. Wadhwa have the special knowledge, training, and facilities needed to create healthy and functional teeth that look and feel just like your own.
What is a Dental Implant procedure like?
This procedure is a team effort between you, Dr. Gandhi and Dr. Wadhwa who will consult with you to determine where and how your implant should be placed. Depending on your specific condition and the type of implant chosen, Dr. Gandhi will create a treatment plan tailored to meet your needs.
- Replacing a Single Tooth A single implant and a crown will be the treatment of choice. The implant/crown replacement does not require that other teeth be cut down to make supporting abutments, and this form of restoration is presently the standard of care in dentistry.
- Replacing Several Teeth If you are missing several teeth, you may need an implant-supported bridge. Two or more implants can support other missing teeth. In addition, an implant-supported removable appliance, either a denture or a partial denture, can be made with enhanced stability if implant support is possible.
- Replacing All of Your Teeth If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.
What can I expect after received a Dental Implant?
As you know, your own teeth require conscientious at-home care and regular dental visits. Dental implants are like your own teeth and will require the same care. In order to keep your implant clean and plaque-free, brushing and flossing still apply!
After treatment, both Dr. Wadhwa and Dr. Gandhi will work closely with you to develop the best maintenance care plan for you. Periodic follow-up visits will be scheduled to monitor your implant, teeth, and gums to make sure they are healthy.
Contact Metroplex Implants & Family Dentistry in Dallas, TX
If you are in Dallas, Addison, Farmers Branch, Carrollton or any surrounding communities, we are here to help. When you’re in need of dental implants, call us at 972-734-1772 and we will schedule an appointment at the earliest possible opportunity to help.
Our regular business hours are:
- Monday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Emergency hours as needed 24/7